St. Mary Dedication British International High Schools is a renowned educational institution known for its academic excellence and morally upright students. St Mary Dedication British international school challenges students to develop what is finest in themselves and others, for others and themselves. We are committed to nurturing an intentionally diverse, and inclusive community that encourages students and adults to inspire and respect one another.
At St Mary Dedication British Internation school our guiding principle is Education for Light, Through Knowledge. Our aim is to provide a richness of opportunity for our student to excel, nurture and explore their talents without limits. That is because education goes beyond exam results, its about the complete development of the child.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Primary School
Location: Reservation Road GRA, Benin City, Edo
Employment Type: Full time
- We are looking for an energetic, and exemplary leader with a passion for nurturing and developing young children. A leader who knows the usefulness of qualitative education, with a desire to draw out the best in every child. A successful canditate will understand in depth the delivery of the British and Montessori curriculum.
- Strategic Direction and Development of the Primary school- in co-operation with, the principal.
- Clear understanding of the Montessori Curriculum
- Ensure all Primary Teaching staff are committed to the school’s aims and are motivated.
- Maintain and promote an effective partnership with Primary pupil’s parents to support and improve pupil’s achievement and personal development.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of teaching and standards of learning and achievement for all pupils in primary school.
- Promote and maintain an environment within the primary school that secures high standards of planning, organization, teaching, learning, behaviour and achievement.
- Monitor and review the deployment of primary school staff such that the learning needs of groups and individual pupils are met.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the primary school, and regularly present coherent and accurate accounts to inform the school evaluation process and its stakeholders.
- Ensure systems are in place for the performance management of primary school staff and that their effectiveness is monitored.
- Maintain and develop the primary school extended curriculum and extra-curricular activities to foster an exciting learning environment.
- Work closely with the Head of secondary school to ensure that all expectations, standards, procedures and systems are built on throughout the school and provide a natural progression for pupils and staff between the two schools.
- Ensure that parents and pupils are well informed about the curriculum, attainment and progress towards their targets.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Education, other relevant fields are also welcome.
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in Administration and Teaching
- Desirable: Diploma in Montessori Education
- A desire to work with children.
- Advanced Degree/ training/ or evidence of continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft word, excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- This is a senior management position directly answerable to the Proprietress and school board.
Additional Benefits Available
- Provision of tasteful accommodation and security.
- Provision of a driver
- Other benefits are negotiable
Application Closing Date