Michael Stevens Consulting is a Human Resource Development & Management Consulting practice firm, with offices in Lagos, Port-Harcourt as well as in Accra, Ghana. Plans are at advanced stage to open subsidiaries in The Gambia, Sierra-Leone, Liberia and UAE.
Since its founding in 1991, Michael Stevens Consulting have grown to become a leader in the provision of high value human resources, business advisory as well as learning & development solutions to multinationals, local corporate organizations, governments and multilateral organizations. The depth of our expertise, defined by carefully selected pool of multi-disciplinary consultants, ensures that we continue to be the firm of choice to our growing list of discerning clientele.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Internal Control & Audit
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The role is responsible for establishing and monitoring companywide internal controls to ensure the protection of the company's assets.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures that the company has adequate, cost effective, and well documented internal control policies
- Directs and controls the current to medium and short-term strategies of the unit to achieve the Company's objectives
- Establishes internal audit framework within which adequacy / quality / adherence to company-wide internal control procedures can be assessed
- Ensures periodic checks on processes, inventories and company assets and accounts
- Flags any identified or potential violations to operational policies / procedures and makes recommendations on appropriate preventive / remedial action
- Ensures that work guides and references pertaining to functions of the unit complies with the requirements of relevant statutory authorities
- Works with Directorate / Divisional / Unit Heads to ensure implementation of standard controls and up to date operational policies and procedures
- Develops subordinates and monitors their performance in order to enhance their abilities and audit management skills
- Arranges and oversees assessment of risks and controls relating to day to day operational activities
- Ensures effective coverage of branches and head office functions and timely control programs to forestall internal control lapses
- Participates in policies, procedures and programs formulation
- Liaises with the company's external auditors during routine and special audits
- Liaises with regulators on special or routine examination
- Evaluates operational performance and facilities of the unit to ensure that they meet best standards of professionalism and quality
- Prepares internal audit budgets and other inputs into the company's strategic planning process
- Reviews the organisation's risk management framework to ensure its operations are in line with plan
- Reviews existing controls and practices for effectiveness and adequacy to ensure they are in line with best practice.
Required Competencies Knowledge / Qualification
- Bachelor's degree (minimum of 2nd Class Lower)
- Must be a Chartered Accountant Experience
- 10-15 years of internal audit experience in a similar organization or external audit experience preferably from the big four consulting firms
- Leadership experience supervising and managing professional staff.
Skills / Competencies:
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Proactive, resourceful and hands-on with good initiative.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: Jobs@michaelstevens-consulting.com using the "Job title" as the email subject.
Application Deadline: 27 October, 2020