The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2004 as Africa’s first Development University, its mission is to promote learning, service and to educate leaders who will be prepared to tackle the development issues in Nigeria and Africa. The university offers an American-style education modeled after the curriculum of American universities, using the latest in internet technology and e-learning resources.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graphic Artist / Multimedia Design Specialist
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Employment Type: Full-time
Expected Start Date: March 2021
Department: School of Arts & Sciences
Reports to: CMD Program Chair/Dean
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
The Hiring Department
- The School of Arts and Sciences is one of the largest academic units of the university, and home to six academic programs and more than a dozen major concentrations, including Communication & Multimedia Design (CMD), English Literature & Languages, Petroleum Chemistry, Economics, Natural & Environmental Sciences, and Politics & International Studies. The successful candidate will work within the Communication & Multimedia Design (CMD), which has four concentrations or degree tracks, namely: Journalism; Radio, Television, and Film; Multimedia Design; and Public Relations & Advertising (PRAD).
- We are particularly interested in candidates with strong academic and professional expertise in Multimedia Design, Radio, Television, and Film, and Public Relations & Advertising.
- AUN is seeking a motivated Graphic Artist and Multimedia Design Specialist who will be responsible for producing infographics, creative and technical illustrations, graphics and visual materials for academic and marketing purposes. The duties shall include but not limited to working closely with the technical team in Communications and Multimedia Design (CMD) program and Communications & PR Office to create and manipulate graphic images using graphic design software packages (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, etc.) within the AUN style guidelines.
- The position holder may be assigned teaching assistantship responsibilities to help guide Multimedia Design students with their practical graphic and multimedia design work. The incumbent shall also ensure the safety and security of equipment at the CMD Multimedia Design lab and studios and ensure that the usage of these labs and studios by students is in accordance with the University’s laboratory standard operating procedures. The position holder is also expected to contribute to the department’s administration and carry out any other responsibilities as may be assigned by Multimedia Design Course Instructors or Program Chair.
Qualifications, Experience and other Requirements for the position
- A good Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Design, Fine Arts, Media Studies or related field from recognized tertiary institution
- Three to five years post NYSC experience in Graphic Design, preferably on multimedia infographics and/or technical illustration/graphics
- Strong visual communicator with a sharp sense of design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow strict AUN brand guidelines
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with careful attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects with changing priorities and deadlines
- Self-motivated, organized, and accountable
- Ability to meet quick deadlines
- Strong experience of Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, In Design, Photoshop
- Strong knowledge of Mac packages
- Ability to take direction and work with a team by taking constructive feedback and inputs and successfully implementing same into the final visual solution
- An every-day passion to design creative and compelling visual communication solutions
- Strong design portfolio
Other Requirements/Abilities for the position:
- Ability to use Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to use Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to use Adobe in Design
- Ability to use Microsoft SharePoint
- Ability to use Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to use Microsoft Visio Pages
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates submit their Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Links to three most important research publications and/or designs, Names and contact information of three referees on a single MS word or PDF file to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 15 February, 2021