Willers Solutions Limited - Our client, a reputable firm is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager (Operations)
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- GM, Operations will oversee the company’s manufacturing activities, leading strategic execution and coordinating resources to create excellent products. While they oversee the Operations Coordinator, who takes care of day-to-day details, it is also their job to make sure that deadlines are met, and standards are upheld.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs factory level support functions including finance, engineering, materials, quality assurance, and human resources to ensure alignment with overall plant operations
- Directs all aspects of the business operations, including purchasing, scheduling, manufacturing, warehousing, shipping/receiving, quality assurance, and customer service.
- Prepare an annual manufacturing plan and policy guidelines to drive the performance of key result areas on production activities and continuous implementation monitoring.
- Optimally make sure that manufacturing units improve on the standard efficiencies in terms of Machine efficiencies, material yields, labour and overhead costs versus budget.
- Develop and nurture a dynamic and competent workforce through a robust performance-driven culture.
- Works with the Operations Coordinator to ensure that the facility’s operational activities and tactical actions are executed so that the plant’s working capital is properly managed.
- Enforces all company policies, including safety, production, quality, sales, human resources, customer service and accounting policies.
Strategy, Policies, Processes, and Procedures:
- Determine the strategic direction of a company’s manufacturing unit, setting the plan for products, processes, and factory relationships with the goal of increasing efficiency and profitability.
- Set policies and makes decisions guiding productivity, quality, and cost-efficiency of plant operations.
- Implements, drives, and sustains key initiatives that support operational strategic goals.
- Monitors and evaluates workflow and assembly methods and makes recommendations for process improvements.
- Create or refine systems to minimize error and bolster productivity.
- Manage teams that handle engineering, quality control, and production in order to ensure smooth production execution.
- Meet regularly with respective managers within production to set key indicators for evaluating performance.
- Works to ensure that the facility’s financial goals are met, including monthly profitability and EBITDA targets.
- Frequently researches cost savings opportunities, leading and monitoring all progress in capturing savings opportunities.
- Manage and maintain labour and operating costs in accordance with budgets and strategic goals.
- Manage finances, monitoring budgets, expenses, and product unit costs to drive revenue and margin projections.
Operational Performance Management:
- Implement an Operational Performance Tracking System which includes the key performance indicators covering manufacturing, engineering, quality assurance, manpower levels and finance.
- Establishes systems to collect metrics, analyze productivity and set performance targets that will meet revenue and cost goals
- Develop performance and efficiency metrics, identifying areas for improvement and reporting results to executive leadership.
- Ensures manufacturing performance and quality goals are met.
- Review personnel performance to determine individuals most suited for promotion.
Technical and Facility Maintenance:
- Monitors the facility’s equipment needs and ensures that the technical team is working to keep the company’s equipment and physical facility are properly maintained.
- Constantly assesses the facility’s operational efficiencies and seeks out opportunities to improve it in an economic manner.
Logistics and Procurement:
- Oversee the procurement of raw materials and equipment required for manufacturing
- Oversee Effective running of truck operations, ensuring arrival of truck to the office, loading of the truck and departure of the truck in a timely, efficient manner.
- Ensure that containers enter the port on time
Health, Safety and Environment, Quality Assurance/Control:
- Identify and manage key business and company risks and insurance requirements
- Maintain and ensure compliance with the documented system of finance policies and procedures across the group
- Responsible for audit reviews of business units, financial and management processes and systems to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Supervise and coordinate the preparation and implementation of annual internal audit plans /programs and endure adherence to plans.
- Lead audits/special reviews of operations and assessment of business risk and provide recommendations for strengthening existing internal controls.
Training and Development:
- Coach, mentor and develop employees under their supervision, providing training for important topics such as risk mitigation, safety protocols, usage of new equipment, and industry best practices to build high-performing teams.
- Assigns stretch assignments to further train and enhance staff development.
- Promotes cross-training to optimize workforce, ensures functional coverage, reduce labor costs, and supports succession planning.
- Leads the development and deployment of manufacturing practices focused on quality and continuous improvement.
- Prepare production, staff, and financial reports.
- Ensure Annual, Monthly and Weekly reports are prepared properly and sent on time.
- Ensure accurate reporting for Management.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Industrial or Chemical Engineering, other Engineering or Business.
- 15 years of progressive manufacturing experience
- Strong operational experience with the ability to establish and measure KPI’s.
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
- Proven financial acumen.
- Experience in managing continuous improvement projects.
- Knowledge of GMP’s, ISO guidelines related to industry.
- Familiar with OSHA and HSE compliance procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proficient in ERP systems and Microsoft Office
The ideal candidate:
- The ideal candidate must be well experienced in all aspects of manufacturing operations with at least 15 years of progressive manufacturing experience.
- Should be smart and energetic.
- Should possess strong leadership skills and a forward-thinking mindset to support the company in the execution of strategic initiatives.
- Should have an excellent working knowledge of SAP ERP System.
- Should have an analytical mind with strong problem-solving skills
- Should have a strong operational experience with the ability to establish and measure KPI’s.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only Qualified candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 31 May, 2021