Adamawa State Community and Social Development Agency (AD-CSDA) was established to provide social services to rural communities using Community-Driven Development (CDD) approach. The Agency is one of the Platforms selected by the State for implementation of Result Area 1 - “Increased social transfers, basic services, and livelihood support to poor and vulnerable households” under Nigeria COVID 19 Action Recovery and Economic Stimulus (NG-CARES) Program.
The Objective of NG-CARES is to expand access to livelihood support and food security services, and grants for poor and vulnerable households and firms. Results Area 1 alms to support the government’s efforts in scaling up safety net services that provide consumption and livelihood support to the increasing number of poor and vulnerable households in the State.
The Agency therefore wishes to invite eligible individuals to indicate their interest in providing their services in the under-listed position:
Job Title: General Manager (GM)
The General Manager shall:
- Exercise the powers and functions of the State Agency (SA) as provided for in the law establishing the Agency.
- Be in-charge of the general administration of SA and personnel
- Be the Accounting Officer of the SA,
- Give approval for proposal of CDPs / GDPs recommended by the SA Management Committee.
- Authorize expenditure in accordance with the annual budget and work plan of the SA as approved by Board of Directors (BOD).
- Represent the SA in all its dealings with third parties at the level of the Management.
- Conduct dialogue with donors and those capable of providing complimentary, technical and administrative skills and financial resources.
- Delegate his authority to the staff of the Agency to the extent necessary for the efficient performance of the activities of AD-CSOA.
- Perform such other duties as may be required for the effective functioning of the SA
- Ensure regular reporting and adherence to the SA reporting relationship with the relevant MDA of the state.
- Give approval for project proposals on the recommendations of the PMC.
- Ensure the implementation and control procedures as contained in the annual.
Qualification and Experience
- A university degree in Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Engineering and or any other relevant degree with at least Fifteen years post-qualification experience in the private or pubic sector,five of which must be at management level.
- A higher degree and experience in the management of rural development projects shall be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a written Application and a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) 9 copies each and all credentials / documents are to be submitted to the SA at address below:
The Board Chairman,
Adamawa State Community and Social Development Agency,
No. 57 Atiku Abubakar Road, Jimeta-Yola,
An electronic copy should also be sent to the e-mail: email@example.com Using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Further information can be obtained at the address above during office hours [from 09 hours to 1600 hours] Monday through Friday (Except Public Holidays) from the Board Chairman, Tel: +234(0)706 762 8077.
Application Deadline: 29 March, 2021