May University Press is a Nigerian limited liability company with defined commitment to the growth of educational, scholarly, literary, corporate, and digital publishing. It has a publishing portfolio and programme which are being critically expanded in the efforts to integrate into and capture the best of contemporary educational and technological developments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Freelance Creative Writer and Editor
Employment Type: Part-time
Job Field: Writing / Editing / Book Publishing
A well established book publishing firm in Lagos is looking for Freelance/Contract Writers and Editors to work on specific projects:
- Experienced Creative writers for draft development. Writing samples will be required.
- Experienced story/scholarly editors. Writing samples will be required.
- Will be responsible for writing, editing, and revising non-fictional books
Roles and Responsibilities
- Positions require individuals who have considerable experience in creative book writing (especially nonfiction) and in editorial services
- Writers will be responsible for developing transcripts into creative and well written book drafts
- Editors shall be responsible forproofreading to ensure accuracy,editing and revising book drafts and manuscripts in preparation for final publication
The ideal candidates should be able to work under pressure and turn in word-perfect and error free work every time, time after time, in addition to possessing the following:
- A Good bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in writing and editing pregerably in a publishing company
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Conceptual creative abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to create stories
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 27 November, 2020