Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
One of the group of companies under Tetra Tech is delivering the DFID-funded United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UKNIAF) infrastructure improvement works. The programme’s duration is contracted for an initial 48 months with a possible 24-month extension.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Financial Manager
Locations: Katsina & Kano
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
- The Finance Manager will oversee the affairs of the finance department, manage financial planning and analysis, financial reporting and internal control management.
- The Candidate will adhere to all financial policies and procedures in budget implementation for specific departments, projects, and business needs.
- He/She prepares all statutory financial statements for all stakeholders and also supports management with the timely presentation of accurate financial reports.
- He/she will exhibit the highest level of discretion and integrity in the discharge of his/her duties.
Key Roles and Duties
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company (payroll, procurement, invoicing, collections and related transactions
- Oversee financial department employees, including accountants
- Provide insightful information to aid in long-term and short-term decision making by senior executives
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and investors in formal meetings
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company.
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and investors informal meetings
- Support the organization in all financial related activities such as tax preparation, financing, and other financial needs as may be required.
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvements.
- Seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the company.
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends.
- Any other related task deemed necessary to be performed by the Office.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or other related fields from a recognized institution
- An advanced Degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, or a related field is an added advantage.
- A minimum of Five (5) years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrable experience managing finance functions in the manufacturing sector,
- Strong grasp of accounting and finance principles and practices
- Strong expertise in developing financial models. Experience working in corporate finance is an advantage.
- Experience using ERP packages, MS Office, and other relevant analytical applications.
- Fluency in English language and a basic knowledge of Hausa language is required.
- Strong communication, organisational, planning, research, analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to provide technical support and training in finance and accounting systems to staff.
- Proven strategic leadership experience.
- Ability to relate with different types of stakeholders.
- Self-driven with ability to deliver under intense pressure.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as one Document (MS Word or PDF) to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 24 August, 2021