The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Technical Assistant
Job Identification: 898
Location: Jos, Plateau
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Finance
Generic Responsibilities (Max 10):
- These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Ensure proper filing of documents both in hard and soft
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Ensure that cash are kept properly, payment process and other financial processes take place in adherence to Financial Handbook, other NRC policies and donor and the authorities requirements
- Make sure that daily cash counts are maintained.
- Make sure posting of transactions are done on daily basis.
- Make sure payments are processed on time
- Be responsible for bank transactions in line with NRC policy and procedures;
- Posting of income and cost into bank cash boxes i.e. USD and NGN daily basis.
- Be the focal person between Area Office and Field office in regard to funds transfer requests and other payments through bank.
- Ensure timely clearance of field office cash box.
- Be responsible for release of payment to contractors & other payments as stipulated in the contract/agreement(s) & in line with NRC policies and procedures.
- Ensure control for the prevention of waste, fraud and mismanagement before processing the payments.
- Keep good control of the Field offices, banks details and assist them with tools in use by NRC.
- Responsible for keeping of cash in office
- Responsible for scanning and archiving finance documentation as per SSDi guidelines for the Field Office on a weekly and monthly basis.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic Professional Competencies:
- Experience from working as a Support Function Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Some knowledge of English.
Behavioural Competencies (Max 6):
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environment.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Communicating with impact and respect.
Application Deadline: 24 February, 2021