The Center for Community Health and Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria's rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
On this regard, CHAD therefore seek a competent person to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Sector: Child Protection
Employment Status: Fixed Term
Duration: 12 months with possible renewal
- The Finance officer under the guidance of the Head Finance participates in the overall implementation of the CHAD Int’l Accountability Framework and works in close collaboration with the project coordinator.
- He/she is expected to travel extensively to the project locations within Borno state to assist with the implementation of the CHAD Accountability Framework, focusing on financial compliance and verification.
- Provide support in the allocation and financial management processes of the CHAD International.
- Provide support in implementing the financial aspects of the CHAD Int’l Accountability Framework
- Provide support to the implementation of the monitoring pillar of the CHAD Int’l accountability framework.
- Facilitate knowledge-building and knowledge-sharing on financial monitoring and reporting according to donors demand.
Provide support in the allocation and financial management processes of CHAD International:
- Review and advise on the clearance of the project budgets and grant agreements;
- Review and advise on budget amendments or no-cost extension requests;
- Regular follow-up with IP to obtain financial reports;
- Review of interim and final financial reports and supporting documents to ensure compliance with the signed donors agreements, budgets and guidelines;
- Follow up on disbursement of funds from partners;
- Review of grant agreements and supporting documents to ensure accuracy, consistency, reasonableness, compliance with the donors demand.
- Receipt & review of audit reports from contractors and ensure projects records are updated as necessary.
Provide support in implementing the financial aspects of Accountability Framework:
- Conduct financial spot-checks in line with the CHAD Int’l operational modalities;
- Facilitate and provide support during audits, at the project and fund level, as requested, including assistance with vendor contracting, supporting the planning process and assisting in the follow-up of critical audit findings;
- Liaise with partners, staff and other third parties in verifying expenditure supporting documents during spot-checks, review of financial reports, capacity assessments and audits;
- Assist with the submission and return of Partners’ financial documentation for spot-checks.
Provide support to the implementation of the monitoring pillar of the CHAD Int’l accountability framework.:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of monitoring plans in line with allocation funding modalities;
- Participate in planning and actual field project monitoring;
- Assist with updating the project monitoring timelines, results and recommendations in the GMS (Grand Management System)
Facilitate knowledge-building and knowledge-sharing on financial monitoring:
- Identify and synthesize financial monitoring best practices, lessons learned and recommendations to be integrated into fund management efforts and channeled into decision-making processes;
- Promote awareness on CHAD Int’l guidelines, and operational manuals;
- Plan and participate in trainings/workshops for effective implementing of projects.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Required Skills and Experience
- University Degree in Finance / Accounting, Business, Public Administration or related field is required
- Minimum 4 years' experience as finance officer or finance manager with an NGO.
- Good knowledge of internal control systems and experience with accounting tools is an asset.
- Experience supervising an audit process an advantage
- Experience delivering financial trainings and workshops an advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit not more than 3-page CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to "Human Resource Officer" and submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted. CHAD International is an equal opportunity employer. CHAD considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to sex, disability, religion, tribe among others. To know more about CHAD International click www.chadintl.org
- All employees of CHAD International will adhere to our Code of Conduct and the organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
Application Deadline: 01 October, 2020