Workforce Group is a leading provider of end-to-end, integrated and result-focused Business and Human Resource solutions in Nigeria, offering advisory, outsourcing, recruitment and assessment, learning and development, market entry, technology services and solutions. From inception in 2004, we have helped clients across diverse industries and sectors such as Financial Services, Telecoms, Oil and Gas, Real Estate, Hospitality, Power, Entertainment, FMCG, etc., to achieve their strategic goals and objectives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Finance manager will be responsible for the overall financial health of the organization, produce financial reports, develop strategies and plans for the long-term financial goals of the organization, prepare financial documents and business reports, ensure financial transactions adhere to legal regulations, and look for investment opportunities and ways to maximize profits, while using insights to make financial recommendations to management.
Role Competencies / Skills:
- Plan, organize and execute financial tasks and projects for the organisation.
- Provide financial insightand identify new metrics to drive business performance relative to strategic priorities while minimizing risk.
- Guide financial decisions involving portfolio management, investment planning, tax minimization, risk management and budgeting.
- Drive value within the business through margin enhancement, lowering costs and driving operational efficiencies
- Evaluate financial performance of the organization and measure returns on investment.
- Execute accurate reporting and make financial recommendations
- Provide insight into business performance against competitor and industry trends
- Manage relationships with bankers, auditors, and tax authorities
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation, and maintaining compliance
- Ensure that all financial transactions are processed accurately, in a timely manner and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes and controls that are current best practices related to transaction processing.
- Manage, oversee, process (as appropriate), and act as backup for processing all of the following transactions: accounts payable, revenue and expense, fixed assets, cash, bank reconciliations, and allocations.
- Manage a team of financial analysts
- Prepare and analyze accurate monthly financial and management reports, including income statement, balance sheet, budget and variance, projections and forecast, and cash flow and financial forecasts.
- Investigate ways to improveprofitability and analyze markets for business opportunitiessuch as expansion, mergers or acquisition.
Personal Attribute & Character
- Strategic thinker who possesses solid business acumen and is able to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact effectively with others, both internally and externally.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Proven ability to make complex and time-sensitive decisions in the best interests of the organization.
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Deep commercial awareness and strong numeracy skills
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Strong attention to detail
- Personal integrity; ability to keep company confidences
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related field
- Professional Qualification: Professional accounting qualification (ACCA, ICAN, CPA)
Desired Experience / Knowledge:
- 4-6 years financial or accounting experience
- Solid experience in coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger and accounting for investments.
- We offer a wide range of benefits to our people. You bring your A game and we will provide the opportunities.