ACTED has been committedsince 1993, to immediate humanitarianreliefto support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, whileco-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 18million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staffare dedicatedto implementing and developing our projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Intern
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract length: 12 months
Start date: As soon as possible
- In light of the displacement in the northeastern part of Nigeria, ACTED has set up an office in Maiduguri to respond to the humanitarian needs. ACTED is therefore looking for a Finance Intern to support its mission in Borno State.
- The Finance Intern ensures continuous support and assistance to the team when needed.
- He is particularly in charge of ensuring appropriate stamping and filing of all finance documentation and of assisting in payments preparation.
- He ensures compliance with ACTED’s financial deadlines and procedures and local authorities’ regulations.
- He provides efficient and on-time communication to CFM/DFM and Coordination.
- Respect and follow-up of ACTED financial procedures
- Petty cash management
- Cash flow follow-up (PRATIC)
- Follow up of FLAT document for compliance and transparency of ACTED procedures;
General Responsibilities (Finance)
- Assists in the true and fair accountancy of ACTED Nigeria and respects ACTED’s accountancy procedures and deadlines;
- Provides supports for payment processing: preparation of WHT payment schedule, raising of payment vouchers for vendors’ payments approved by Coordination and any other tasks based on daily needs;
- Ensures an on-time and efficient flow of information with Coordination.
- Assists in updating the CFU/DFU on a daily basis and for the weekly and monthly review
- Reviews the logistics documentation prior to raising the payment voucher and to submitting the documentation package to CFM/DFM
Department Follow Up:
- Takes on other team members responsibilities when on leave if needed;
- Assists CFM/DFM and team members whenever needed
General Responsibilities (Compliance / Transparency Assistant)
- Follows up with FLAT document updates to ensure compliance with ACTED’s procedures;
- Ensures stamping, compiling and filing of all project related financial, logistics, administrative, and program information in the designated project Compliance folder.
- Assists in following up the Compliance process at base level by ensuring the regular (fortnightly) transfer of the project(s) Compliance documentation to the capital office;
Contribute to ACTED Compliance and Accountability:
- Provide timely supplementary quality control of the Compliance documentation by checking the accuracy and consistency of the information between the related documents and report discrepancies immediately to the department concerned for corrective action
- Facilitate and report compliance of all audit recommendations/action plans under the authority of the Country Representative and Country Finance Manager and provide accurate feedback immediately
- Comply with the Audit Department Code of conduct.
- B.Sc / B.A or HND in Accounting or in any related field with 0 - 1 year experience.
- Graduate who has completed an NYSC.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Good computer skills (Excel and word).
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Language Skills: Fluent written and spoken English.
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to the Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
Application Deadline: 18 June, 2021