Tongston Entrepreneurship Group (Tongston) is a leading unique pan-African group connecting entrepreneurship and education to reposition economies to achieve sustainable growth and development through its holding company: Tongston Holdings and its 4 integrated subsidiaries: Tongston College | Tongston Institute | Tongston Ventures | Tongston Media.
Tongston Holdings provides oversight and coordination of all businesses at the group and subsidiary levels, and shared services to the group of companies, partners, clients and investee companies across corporate services, human resources, strategy, business development, stakeholder management, economics & research, legal & governance, IT, finance & treasury.
Tongston is driving a revolution in education through its proprietary entrepreneurial development model delivered in the Tongston entrepreneurial ecosystem operating across the Education Value Chain from primary, to secondary, tertiary and post-tertiary (workplace, government or enterprise) & Entrepreneurship Value Chain from finance (Tongston Ventures) to education (Tongston College and Institute) and media (Tongston Media).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Treasury Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
About the Role
- The Finance and Treasury function is responsible for assisting with the preparation of financial statements, maintaining cash controls, supervising and managing payroll with close liaison with the Admin and HR function, approving and settling expenses claim, cash advance etc. maintaining accounts payable, managing the Group of Companies income and expenditure, producing the organization’s budget, liaising with the Business Development, Stakeholder Management and Strategy team to produce the Company’s annual report, liaising with auditors to audit the Company’s accounts and file returns with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- The function would administer and monitor the financial system in order to ensure that the Company finances are maintained in an accurate, transparent and timely manner, and support financial planning, modelling and forecasting.
- The function will also manage fundraising process with third party investors and fundraising roadshows in close coordination with the business development team, and treasury management, investing excess liquidity in investment instruments.
- The function will also manage key investments, joint venture relationships, mergers and acquisitions to be led by Tongston Ventures.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain and keep financial records of all the Company’s activities.
- Manage the disbursement of funds for all activities and other general administrative functions of the Company.
- Develop finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Develop organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzing organization operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; accumulating capital to fund expansion.
- Develop financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; developing action plans.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with IFRS and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Manage financial controls and accounting procedures.
- Provide advice on how to increase revenue and reduce costs.
- Maintain speed and accuracy of billings and client payments.
- Coordinate and produce all tax documentation.
- Develop corporate financial model for the Company.
- Manage fundraising process with third party investors.
- Lead fundraising roadshows in close coordination with the business development team
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Set up and oversee the company’s finance IT system
- Implement and update financial policies and procedures following board approval.
- Reconcile the general ledger.
- Prepare and reconcile financial statements.
- Establish and maintain vendor accounts and relationships.
- Review, Approve and Pay expenses claim, business requirements, cash advances, minimum cash balance and other expenditures.
- Document income and expenditure.
- Ensure appropriate budget is provided for programs and other activities.
- Manage requests for extra-budgetary expense.
- Prepare income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements.
- Manage annual audit process with auditors.
- File annual returns with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Manage company accounts and maintain financial files and record.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline preferably in the Management Sciences and Quantitative Degrees (e.g. statistics, Accounting, Finance, Mathematics)
- Additional qualification such as ACCA or ICAN is a requirement where the Bachelor’s Degree is not in the preferred courses above
- A Chartered Financial Analyst qualification or equivalent will be a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
The candidate should demonstrate competence in all of the following:
- Financial Planning and Strategy
- Managing Profitability
- Strategic Planning and Vision
- Process Improvement
- Corporate Finance
- Developing Budgets
- Financial Analysis and Modelling Skills
- Dealing with Complexity
- Understanding ethical business practices and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Building Relationships
- Effective Communication
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving
- Strategy skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a series of competency-based tests, interviews and assessment centres.
Application Deadline: 31 October, 2021