Adamawa State Community and Social Development Agency (AD-CSDA) was established to provide social services to rural communities using Community-Driven Development (CDD) approach. The Agency is one of the Platforms selected by the State for implementation of Result Area 1 - “Increased social transfers, basic services, and livelihood support to poor and vulnerable households” under Nigeria COVID 19 Action Recovery and Economic Stimulus (NG-CARES) Program.
The Objective of NG-CARES is to expand access to livelihood support and food security services, and grants for poor and vulnerable households and firms. Results Area 1 alms to support the government’s efforts in scaling up safety net services that provide consumption and livelihood support to the increasing number of poor and vulnerable households in the State.
The Agency therefore wishes to invite eligible individuals to indicate their interest in providing their services in the under-listed position:
Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager (FAM)
The Finance and Administration Manager shall:
- Supervise the Project’s Department of Finance and Administration;
- Maintain relationships with external bodies - IDA, external auditors, commercial banks, FPSU, Federal Ministry of Finance, etc;
- Ensure proper back-up documentation are available in respect of payment vouchers as well as proper posting of books of accounts;
- Keep custody of cheque books and all other accounting documents;
- Review bank reconciliation statements;
- Preparation of Financial Reports, Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Budgets / Cash Flow
- Ensure efficient running of the office and the maintenance of all office facilities;
- Process and pay all bills, salaries (etc) pertaining to the smooth running of the SA;
- Maintain schedules of personnel, welfare and other personnel functions;
- Ensure the proper recording of financial transactions of the Agency;
- Generate adequate, reliable and timely financial reports for the GM and other departments;
- Prepare annual budgets and work plans for the SA;
- Process and manage all fund disbursements as well as ensuring proper documentation to facilitate the release of funds from funding agencies to communities;
- Liaise with banks, tax authorities, and other regulatory agencies on behalf of the SA;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports on financial progress of micro-projects and CDP's / GDP's;
- Prepare quarterly Financial Management Reports (FMRs);
- Review financial transactions of communities in line with general guidelines issued by the SA and Funding Agencies, and making reports to the GM; and
- Offer training and capacity building in the areas of financial management, record keeping and other related matters to the community
Qualification and Experience
- A university degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or any other relevant field and a membership of professional association such as ANAN, ACA, ACCA.
- The candidate should have 12 years post qualification experience and must be a Civil Servant with Adamawa State Government on minimum of GL 15.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a written Application and a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) 9 copies each and all credentials / documents are to be submitted to the State Agencies (SA) at address below:
The Board Chairman,
Adamawa State Community and Social Development Agency,
No. 57 Atiku Abubakar Road, Jimeta-Yola,
An electronic copy should also be sent to the e-mail: email@example.com Using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
Note: Further information can be obtained at the address above during office hours [from 09 hours to 1600 hours] Monday through Friday (Except Public Holidays) from the Board Chairman, Tel: +234(0)706 762 8077.
Application Deadline: 29 March, 2021