Socialander is a Digital Marketing Agency that doubles all your business’ digital and social engagement efforts into a revenue generating channel. With hands-on experience working with growing and leading brands, to drive marketing results, using the best marketing strategies, platforms, tools, technology and in depth knowledge of consumer and target audience insight. We operate a team of professional creatives, web engineers, digital and content experts required to deliver success to clients while ensuring business profit. Through consistent growth systems, we have continuously improved implementation and delivered better results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Accounting Intern
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Opportunity
- Socialander is seeking an energetic, passionate, and smart finance Intern to join our team.
- You are self-starting, resourceful, entrepreneurial, endlessly curious, and highly ambitious
- You have effective time management and organization skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and a growth mindset. You show up on time, pay attention to details, think on your feet, ask for help when you need it, and consistently demonstrate respect for others.
Responsibilities / Qualifications / Essential Job Functions
- Document, monitor and update accounting policies
- Ensure all payments are completed on time (including accounts payable and bank deposits)
- Create & review quarterly and annual budgets for all departments
- Analyze costs and profits
- Set and track financial KPIs
- Report on financial status on a regular basis and create ad-hoc reports when needed
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date filing systems
- Perform internal audits and assist with external audits
- Ensure compliance with accounting and tax regulations
- Manage billing, tax forms, reporting, and more
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
- Work experience as a finance or accounting Intern or similar role.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, procedures and legislation
- Hands-on experience with general ledger accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Experience with cash management and risk assessment
- ICAN or ACCA preferred
- Good knowledge of accounting software
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially excel) and accounting software (e.g. Quickbooks, Waveapp or Zoho books)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: We encourage our employees to work with an entrepreneurial spirit while applying a businesslike approach. As an organization, we take a proactive role in investing in our employee’s professional development. We believe our employees are our greatest asset and welcome those who share our vision and drive to build great things together.
Application Deadline: 30 May, 2021