Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: External Facilitator for Clinical Supervision
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
- The MHPSS component has been deeply concerned with the delivery of quality mental health services to clients through individual and group counselling sessions, sensitizations, psychoeducation, training of co-staff amongst other services.
- Facilitate four (one in every quarter) interactive supervision process, of 2 days each, to engage the MHPSS team of counselors both in Maiduguri and Damboa
- Write four separate reports on each of the clinical supervision process detailing the discussions, topics and themes covered and outcomes
- Training material including modules and handouts adapted and developed. Material to be provided to MHPSS department on the last day of the activity in both hard and soft copy format
The clinical supervision is expected to improve and build capacities of the MHPSS team. And should focus on the issues delineated below.
- Build counselling skills of the team for improved quality intervention
- Provide ways that will facilitate self-knowledge and self-understanding (personal growth) of the MHPSS team members
- Strengthen the capacity of the counselors with appropriate cultural approaches on working with children
- Strengthen assessment skills and knowledge on mental, neurological and substance use disorders.
- Identify and provide a more uniform way of approaching sessions especially description of client’s condition.
- Explore personal problems and find new ways of dealing with them. Prevent secondary traumatization, burn out and other psychological sufferings among the team
- Give opportunity to the team members to reflect, analyze and share their practices
- The Methodology to be used, by the external technical supervisor should be participatory and utilize non-formal learning techniques such as group work and structured exchanges amongst others.
Education / Experience
- Advanced degree (minimum of Master’s degree) with specialization in areas such as clinical psychology, clinical social work or mental health.
- At least 7 years of demonstrated experience in designing and implementing MHPSS interventions, including training MHPSS front-line staff in conflict or crisis contexts and Providing Self-Care to Care Providers
- Strong Training and supervision experience required
- Experience in the provision of similar tasks in humanitarian emergency contexts
- Excellent understanding of MHPSS interventions in line with the IASC guidelines in emergency settings
- Knowledge of cultural perception and approaches to mental health issues in the North-East Nigeria
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a proposal for interest, maximum of 3 pages, indicating their competencies and experiences on similar activity, an estimated budget, as well as their availability to carry the mission (dates) to: email@example.com using "MHPSS External Facilitator " as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 28 February, 2021