The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver II
Location: Biu-Borno Yola, Adamawa.
Recruitment Type: National (1-year renewable contract)
- Drive Activity vehicles in a safe and courteous mannerand support field operations;
- Perform necessary cleaning and washing of the assigned vehicles as needed;
- Maintain Activity vehicles and provide timely advice to the transport office of any assigned vehicle requiring maintenance services in line with IITA Vehicle Usage and Maintenance Policy;
- Act as Field Assistant in collecting data when travelling with Project experts and other team members for field, training or meeting activities;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- O’level with minimum of four (4) years’ related experience performing related role.
The ideal candidate musthave:
- Ability to communicate fluently (orally and in writing) in Hausa and English language.
- Capacity to work effectively in a team.
- Versatility of driving varying automobiles in host country roadsand experience in farming operations.
- Good knowledge of government, donor and private sector companies’, offices, and ability to deliver messages effectively.
- Basic computer skill.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Application Deadline: 26 October, 2020