The International Organization for Migration (IOM) - Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
SVN No.: SVN2020.065
Location: Benin City, Edo
Organizational Unit: Procurement and Logistics
IOM Classification: G2
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As Soon as Possible
- Working under the overall supervision of the Procurement & Logistics Officer and the direct supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Assistant, the successful candidate will be responsible for completing standard driving and logistics supporting activities in line with IOM’s rules and regulations. He/she will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Provide transport support services to IOM Staff using official vehicle(s) in relation to the implementation of project activities).
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure roadworthiness of the vehicles. This includes daily check of tires, brakes, engine oil, fan belt, keeping vehicle clean both inside and outside, etc.
- Arrange for minor repairs and ensure upkeep of official vehicle(s).
- Keep record of spare parts for the vehicle and conduct monthly inventory of the spare parts.
- Ensure that the vehicles undertake regular service intervals.
- Make sure that the vehicle always has full tank prior to departure for field trips.
- Find the efficient routing over the best available roads to the destination.
- Ensure that the IOM vehicle(s) is used only for official/authorized business, as advised by the supervisor.
- Make sure that the daily log sheet is prepared, and a monthly report is prepared summarizing statistics linked to mileage, fuel consumption etc. for the vehicle.
- Ensure communication equipment in the vehicle are functioning properly and perform frequent radio checks with UN security office as well as radio the base for every vehicle movement (arrival & departure points).
- Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions, which involves IOM and its officials.
- Take proper measures to reduce potential security threats to IOM officials or property within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and along transport routes.
- Collect and delivers mails/documents as assigned.
- Ensure that the steps required by the local rules and regulations (pertaining to driving) are taken in case of involvement in accident.
- Assist in moving, relocation and general arrangements of office and shelter furniture and items.
- Record incoming and outgoing correspondence in the mail register.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate/Diploma/Degree in related field.
- Professional license in driving; two years of relevant experience in driving required.
- Fluency in English and Native Language; Fluency in multiple languages advantageous.
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their Applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating position number on subject line
- For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2020.065 Benin Driver, G2.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 14 October, 2020