Netcom has been Nigeria’s leading Internet Service Provider since 2004, staying ahead of the competition with cutting edge platforms in VSAT, WIMAX, Radio, and Fiber technology. Now, a pioneer in Business Transformation Solutions, we empower organizations to lead their market space by keeping pace with the rapid changes in IT innovations, ensuring relevance to specific business initiatives required to maximize revenue generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Centre Management Engineer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- The Job holder will be responsible for ensuring the proper running and maintenance of the Data Center by adhering strictly to necessary policies and procedures affecting the Data Centre. And also ensure the enforcement and tracking of such policies, procedures and activities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Restrict and monitor access control into the Data Centre.
- Ensure thorough cleaning and maintenance of Data Centre based on a regular schedule.
- Procure and maintain environmental control units in the Data Centre.
- Keep proper Inventory control of the Data Centre equipment.
- Monitor, record and escalate equipment performance in the Data Centre.
- Maintain ownership of change management request for the Data Centre.
- Password control for equipment in the Data Centre.
- Backup policy for the equipment in the Data Centre.
- Disaster recovery plan for the Data Centre.
- Labelling of equipment in the Data center according to the approved naming convention.
- Create Data Centre Policies.
- Update, maintain, enforce & control Data Centre policies.
Education and / or Professional Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- Professional qualifications, accreditation to professional bodies.
- Between 1 - 3 years Data Centre monitoring experience.
Essential Skills / Knowledge:
- Maintenance and monitoring of hardware.
- Maintenance of environmental control units.
- Analytical thinking.
- Troubleshooting Skills.
- Experience with:
- Network monitoring activities and applications.
- Network preventive/corrective maintenance.
- Data Center equipment and maintenance.
Desirable Skills / Knowledge:
- Ability to quickly understand and adapt to the use of new software.
- Working knowledge of iDirect VSAT system.
- Working knowledge of Gilat VSAT system.
- Good knowledge of 3G.
- Work well in a busy team, being quick to learn and able to deal with a wide range of issues.