Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the podition below:
Job Title: Nigeria COVID-19 Response Strategic Information Consultant
Locations: Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Bauchi, Cross River, Edo, Kano, Niger and Oyo (Indicate location in your application & email title)
In support of the Government of Nigeria's response to the COVID-19 pandemic, TMEC/RISE is currently seeking to employ the services of consultants to work in collaboration with the state government and other USAID partners to oversee state-level emergency operations centers (EOCs) for the COVID-19 response in Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Bauchi, Cross River, Edo, Kano, Niger and Oyo State.
Scope of work for SI Consultant
- The State Strategic Information Consultants will implement a field-based strategy to create regular forums for sharing achievements and challenges with stakeholders, generate analysis at state level for COVID 19 output and outcome indicators, by promoting peer-exchange and problem solving.
- The State SI consultants will be reporting to the lead Jhpiego consultant and collaborate closely with Data.Fi. The overall aim is to generate further demand for data and improve COVID-19 outcomes.
- Technical support to COVID-19 response reporting systems i.e. SORMAS and paper-based systems
- Support design of periodic (daily/weekly) Data Review for Rapid Action methodology for implementation at state level and across hierarchies
- Business analysis of user requirements on data collection systems and methodology within the states
- Working with the implementing partners facilitate and support reporting processes to identify barriers to data use and generate solutions to address those barriers.
- Generate daily and weekly reports COVID-19 response in the states on focus
- Working with the Epidemiologists, Data Analytics and Visualization Specialists develop and package state
- Evaluate and assure system compliance with laws and regulations applicable to managing patient level information.
- Technical backstop in data quality, data alignment exercises and health informatics support at the state level in a multisector effort.
- Conduct regular analysis and reviews of state level performance on key outcome and output indicators
- Work with other Implementing partners to strengthen the data analytics and visualization capabilities of the SORMAS COVID-19 reporting system, DHIS2, Situation rooms, and other platforms.
- Technical Support Implementing Partners and States to develop profiles, briefs and program bulletins.
- Any other duties assigned as per the dynamic programming environment.
- A Master's degree in Public Health, Statistics, Health Informatics, Epidemiology, Computer Science or a related field
- At least 2-3 years' experience advising on health management information systems or routine health information systems
- Experience working knowledge of SORMAS, DHIS 2 preferred
- Working Knowledge of patient level and aggregate data managements systems
- Knowledge of project management principles to manage outputs with multi-disciplinary teams including a broad and extensive knowledge of IT principles, methods and techniques;
- Work well under pressure, skilled in crisis management, and problem solving.
- Ability to achieve consensus among multiple stakeholders
- Proven skills in data analysis with proficiency in statistical package
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English are required to communicate technical information to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
Note: Indicate your location of choice in your application & email title.
Application Deadline: 11 May, 2020