Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Communications Expert - State Level
Location: Kano, Nigeria
Contract type: Short Term Consultancy Contract
Options Consultancy seeks a State Level Communications Expert in Kano to provide strategic communications advice to support the implementation of Lafiya strategies related to Human Capital Development, the prioritisation of public investment in health and communication of health entitlements to citizens.
The summary purpose and objective of this role is to:
- Develop a strategy for raising the political profile of HCD to galvanise commitment for health spending.
- Support the State Primary Health Care Development Agencies (SPHCDA), Social Health Insurance Agencies (SHIA) and Public Relations Officers from the State Ministries of Health (SMOH) to develop state specific communications strategies to reach citizens at scale with information on their health entitlements.
- Use of Technology: As needed the consultant will be expected to contribute to discussions on digital solutions for communications
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Technical expertise in advocacy, communications and behavioural sciences.
- Experience in using participatory approaches to develop messaging content for reaching political leaders, government and citizens.
- Experience working with development programmes, focused on health communication and supporting accountability for health outcomes.
- Proven ability to manage relationships with government ministries, state and local governments, service providers, communities, and other stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health system is a strong asset.
Commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: 16 October, 2020