IO Furniture Limited is a full-service interior design and furniture manufacturing company, characterized by our uncompromising quality and innovative design solutions. With innovation, functionality, and style at the heart and soul of our company, we deliver perfection consistently. From our signature classics to our custom project designs we have managed to build a stellar reputation for excellence, quality, reliability and integrity.
We pride ourselves in our ability to interpret the essence of our clients through manufacturing and design. By working closely with each client we are able to create spaces that embody their being, because regardless of whether they are individuals, brands or establishments to us, each project is personal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Commercial Officer
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Managing Director
Key Summary of the Job
- Rigorously drive revenue generation by coordinating all sales and projects activities
- Lead and manage IO Furniture’s commercial and partnership strategy and performance. Accountable for all commercial revenue with the key objective to optimize commercial profitability to maximize the organization’s full commercial potential.
- Develop short, mid and long term strategic commercial plans, including strategies for partnership development, innovative revenue streams, brand/marketing plans and communications plan which are aligned to achieving the organization’s Playing-to-Win strategy
Core Working Relationships
- Stakeholders (Management and Finance team)
- Customer service and Interior design team
- Production Operations
Key Result Area
Strategic Commercial Leadership:
- Develop and implement strategic commercial plans in line with the business’ overall objectives and take full accountability for all commercial operations and financial objectives.
- Set the strategic framework for successful commercial performance which broadens the product portfolio and identifies new and innovative commercial revenue streams.
- Review and re-shape the organization’s understanding of its products, commercial strategy, and marketing activity to respond to changes in the market to effectively engage with diverse targeted IO Furniture consumers.
- Oversee all major marketing, promotion, media relations, advertising, web development, social media and CRM / database initiatives of the organization.
- Deliver all commercial KPI’s in accordance with company’s operating plan.
- Accountable to grow and optimize profitability of all commercial revenue streams.
- Effectively manage the marketing budget and spend allocation in line with business drivers to ensure maximum return on investment.
- Research, investigate and where commercially astute, design and deliver new products, programmes and initiatives to market.
- Successfully implement and manage the new innovative revenue streams and products, to meet delivery expectations.
- Work cross functionally to develop the associated marketing and communications plans to support the initiatives.
Brand Management and Communications:
- Create a clear and compelling IO Furniture brand story and implement it across all organizational touch points.
- Build consumer loyalty and brand following through regular marketing and communications campaigns and activity that promotes IO Furniture.
- As part of the broader marketing strategy, develop and implement a digital and social media strategy to generate brand, product, or organization awareness, to engage directly with consumers in more meaningful ways and to amplify our purpose of making IO Furniture engaging and exciting for all.
- Manage all organizational communications to ensure alignment with our brand position and consistency with our key commercial and community messaging.
- Coach, motivate and inspire staff working as part of the commercial team to optimize performance and achieve both strategic and financial objectives.
- Create an enthusiastic and successful working environment focusing on thinking outside the box and challenging business norms.
- Implement processes to ensure staff are delivering best practice and managing performance.
- Set clear expectations and hold people accountable for delivering results and outcomes.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships across all levels of the business.
- Support the development and delivery of other IO Furniture programs.
- Collaborate and contribute to IO Furniture’s organizational strategy, behaviors and initiatives therefore ensuring achievement of the balanced scorecard.
- Actively engage in other duties, projects and opportunities assigned within the role
- A Degree in Marketing Communications, Social Sciences or Business Administration.
- An MBA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 12-15 years of demonstrable experience in sales, marketing, merchandising or related field
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in commercial leadership role.
Key Job Attributes:
- The ability to Multitask
- The ability to work with a team
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be proactive and deliver results
- Integrity / Discipline
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
- Possess analytic and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft package
- Effective Communication
- Persuasion skills
- Social Perceptiveness
- Critical Thinking
- Negotiation Skills
- Service Orientation
- Active Learning
- Coordination skills
- Good Judgment and Decision Making
- Performance Monitoring
Specific Knowledge / Skills:
- Strategic business planning
- Expertise in the latest trends and best practices in CRM / Database Optimization and Social Media Marketing.
- Excellent communication skills and evidence of building strong relationships
- Solid knowledge of digital technologies including those involving content management, web analytics, search engine marketing, email marketing, website usability
- Able to develop strong value propositions consistent with Customer needs
- Knowledge of the company’s product and services
- Ability to connect strategic thinking and planning with hands – on tactical execution
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modelling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Managerial Leadership
- Functional / Operational
- Personal Qualities
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the "Job title" as subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 31 December, 2020