Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo was founded by the Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) and licenced by the Federal Republic of Nigeria in January 2005 to operate as a Private University. It is located on Oyo-Ogbomoso Road on the site of old St. Andrew’s College, Oyo. Its vision is to be a top class institution in the pursuit of knowledge and scholarship through teaching, learning, research and exemplary service to humanity’ and its mission “to produce graduates who are imbued with the fear of God and sense of service to humanity and who are endowed with a well-rounded education to enable them operate successfully both as private entrepreneurs and top flight workers in the private and public sectors of the nation’s economy”.
Applications are invited by the Council of Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo from suitably qualified candidates for the position below which will become vacant on 1st April, 2021:
Job Title: Bursar
Position and Duties
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Financial Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- By virtue of this position, the Bursar should be able to co-ordinate the preparation of the annual budget as well as the periodic income and expenditure, balance sheet and cash flow estimates of the University.
- The holder of the office shall ensure that accurate records are maintained of all assets and liabilities held by the University and be able to monitor monthly income and expenditure and balance sheet variances against the budgets among other schedules.
- The Bursar must ensure the accurate and timely preparation of the University financial statements and - management accounts for internal and external audit.
- The officer is expected to provide the University Management with appropriate advice on all the institution's financial transactions.
- The candidate shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership, possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life, and be able to command the respect and loyalty of the staff of the University.
- The candidate must possess a good honours degree in Accounting or related fields from a recognized University. In addition, he / she must be computer literate and a member of at least one of the underlisted professional bodies:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), or England and Wales, or Scotland or Ireland
- Association of Chartered and Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPA)
- Chartered Institute of Cost and Management Accountants (CICMA)
- Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN)
- The candidate must, normally, be of the rank of Deputy Bursar and must have at least 12 years post qualification cognate experience, seven of which must have been spent in a University.
The appointment is for a single term of five (5) years only.
Terms and Conditions of Service
Ajayl Crowther University pays a package of salaries and allowances which are comparable with what obtains in the Federal Universities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 30 typewritten copies of their applications, credentials and Curricula Vitae giving information in the following format:
- Full names with surname in capitals
- Date of birth, town and state of origin
- Religion and Denomination
- Current Postal Address / Telephone No(s)
- E-mail Address
- Permanent Home Address
- Marital Status
- Number of children with names and ages
- Institution(s) Attended (with dates)
- Academic Qualifications (with dates)
- Professional Qualifications (with dates)
- Working Experience: General and Specific Experience (with dates)
- Details of Administrative experience and Service to the Community (with status and dates)
- Present employment, status, salary and employer
- List of publications in details
- Extra-curricular activities
- Names and addresses of 3 referees (two of whom must be Professionals or authorities in University Administration) who must be requested by the applicant to forward directly to the Registrar, confidential Reports on him / her Indicating the post desired.
All applications are to be submitted marked "Post of the Bursar" at the top left corner of the sealed envelope and addressed to:
Ajayi Crowther University,
P.M.B. 1066, Oyo,
Application Deadline: 31 January, 2021