Women Farmers Advancement Network (WOFAN) was established in June 1993 was incorporated with the Kano state Government as a community Development Association in 1995 and later registered with the corporate affairs commission in 2004. With its headquarters in Kano, WOFAN partners and works with a mobilized, registered multipurpose cooperatives, CBOS, community service groups, private sectors, research institutions towards achieving a holistic development of the people.
WOFAN has commenced implementation of the ICON of Hope Project. The main objective of the two-year project is to build resilience of 30,000 smallholder male and female farmers and processors, including those affected by COVID-19 pandemic, in Kano, Jigawa and Kaduna states as well as the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) to scale up the production and processing capacities of Rice and Groundnut male and female youth farmers and processors and competitively enhance rice and groundnut quality with a sustained linkages to markets.
We require suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Behavior Change Communication (BCC), ICT & Youth Advisor
Reporting to: Executive Director / ICON Manager
- The BCC, ICT & Youth Advisor will be responsible for designing the BCC, ICT and Youth components of the Project while also advising the PMU on the implementation of the three components
- The Advisor will also design and supervise activities to promote linkages between the three components across the states and FCT
- S/he will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the MIS of the Project, using the Hydro-Agro Application and Growth Monitoring Wheel accordingly.
Requirements, Knowledge and Experience
- The position requires minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences or Humanities and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in related project as well as knowledge management on nutrition, livelihood and welfare analysis of beneficiaries with special focus on youths empowerment enhancement
- A post graduate degree gender and development or diploma in management will be an added advantage.
- Successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication and facilitation skills, both verbally and in writing as well as effective coordination skills.
- This position requires fluency in English and Hausa. This post requires a high computer literacy with a full knowledge of Office applications.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit signed copies of their Application Letters and copies of their CV: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com using the position and state applied for as subject.
Application Deadline: 08 October, 2020