The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive.
The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Project Manager
Employment Type: Part-Time, Contract
Duration: Long-term part-time contract (1 year) with the possibility to become a full-time contract in the near future
- The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a part time Associate Project Manager to work with our Engineering Productivity team and be responsible for organizing and reporting on various engineering productivity-related projects that include technologies and processes ranging from Kubernetes and Gitlab to software deployment pipeline changes and unit testing formalization.
You are Responsible for
- Be an integral part in project planning, scheduling, and resourcing for the Engineering Productivity team.
- Ensure work quality and delivery for agreed upon timelines for each project.
- Have the ability to interpret needs and requirements, translate concepts into practice, identify process improvement opportunities, quantify results, and make recommendations to the Engineering Managers / Director.
- Coordinate meetings, briefings, and activities across teams and the Foundation.
Skills and Experience
- The ability to work across multiple time zones and with multiple teams.
- Manage tasks and scheduling with several projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills for risk mitigation and identifying task dependencies.
- Flexibility, resilience, and adaptability in all things.
- A methodical and detailed approach to work.
Additionally, We’d Love it if you Have:
- Technical experience in deployment pipelines, Mediawiki, and Kubernetes.
- Passion for Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects.
- Understanding of free culture / free software / open source principles.
Application Closing Date
- Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer
- If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com