United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Associate Fleet Management Officer
Duration: 12 months
Start Date: Immediate
Description of Task
Under the direct supervision of The Senior Administrative Officer, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Coordinate, manage and support all the fleet management activities in the Office.
- Implement effective fleet management that regularly monitors the fleet pool, saves cost and safeguards the investment of the organisation.
- Apply UNHCR's fleet management strategy when preparing plans for purchase of important fleet assets. Conduct spend analyses using historical spend data to identify trends that can be used to plan procurement activities and Frame Agreements.
- Plan for acquisition, maintenance and replacement of fleet assets. Develop local fleet management replacement strategies taking into account UNHCR short and medium term requirements.
- Coordinate activities of implementing partners and/or contractors performing fleet related activities, and ensure that they understand and adhere to relevant UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Respond to field requests for information and advice and coordinate responses from a range of HQ units to provide a clear, consistent and timely response to the field.
- Collect information both in the field and in HQ, to ensure relevant and appropriate information is gathered and shared. Promote an understanding of concerns, objectives and priorities for fleet related issues by providing information or expertise to interested parties.
- Infrastructure Support
- Provide fleet management reports, customised reports, and gathers information on all fleet assets and provides in-depth reports periodically and when requested.
- Monitor the quality and accuracy of fleet related data in relevant business systems. Compile and analyse statistical information, identify trends and developments in fleet related matters that will assist in decision making.
- Disseminate, promote commitment to and monitor compliance with UNHCR's global policies, standards and guidance on fleet management.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
- Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Transport Management or a related field
- Required experience: 36 Months
- Three years of experience working in general logistics, including warehousing, transportation, customs clearance and procurement, and in managing and supporting staff. The following experience is preferred: in other UN organizations, working for a humanitarian aid organization in a developing country and/or working in fleet and transport management within UNHCR.
- Computer literate; proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, etc); knowledge of publishing software an asset.
- Excellent drafting and reporting skills; good research and analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN system;
- Skills on training and developing staff.
- Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
- English (Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise:
- Logistics and supply management
- Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
Application Deadline: 01 January, 2021