Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January, 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty centre and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited currently has two hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialities and include emergency / trauma centre, radiology diagnostic centre, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Director Nurse
Ref No: #N0012
Employment Type: Full-time
The Assistant Director of Nursing reporting to the Director of Nursing, will be responsible for:
- Providing direct quality patient care.
- Develops work schedule and directly supervise the staff by monitoring the different unit managers.
- Responsible for preparation of departmental budget, as well as supplies and inventory.
- Develop reports for licensing and accreditation, and periodically plan and implement staff training seminar.
- Participation in direct patient care, monitoring the work of nurses, including conducting Nursing ward rounds.
- Supervision of the activities of the ward managers to ensure that they are working efficiently and a professional environment is maintained in the facility.
- Evaluates the performance of the staff in the nursing department and presents the reports to the Director of Nursing.
- Perform other tasks as may be delegated by the DNS or assigned by the MD, DCS, etc.
- Reports to the Director Nursing Services
- Act in the absence of the Director Nursing Services
- Support Delivery of the Nursing Strategy, to ensure high professional standards of nursing practice and patient care are achieved, and a culture of continuous quality improvement is promoted.
- Lead and contribute to key nursing objectives to secure achievement of performance standards and targets.
- Nurse Lead on specific areas (e.g. Workforce, Procedures and Protocols) as delegated by the Director of Nursing.
- Training of staff and professional development.
- Maintenance and monitoring of standards of nursing care.
- Participate in the development of Performance Management goal setting.
- Provide support and corporate development for specialist nursing roles.
- Organize the Department of Nursing duty manager on call rota.
- Work closely with Nurse Managers
- Directly responsible for the activities of the Nurse Mangers
- Ensure there is robust leadership in terms of environmental and facilities management, in conjunction with the Infection Control Nurse Specialist and Clinical Nurse Managers to achieve excellent external reports on hygiene standards and Infection Control rates across the organization.
- Ensure that there are effective mechanisms in place for the early resolution of complaints and concerns raised by patients / carerers / relatives.
- Ensure full, appropriate and timely responses to formal complaints and that there is a robust process in place to meet internal / external deadlines.
- Assist in the monitoring of nursing budgets.
- Delegate as appropriate to relevant ward staff promoting their leadership roles. Work closely with the multidisciplinary teams, establishing good working relationships to ensure high standards of patient / family care.
- As a member of the senior Nursing Department, undertake accountability and responsibility for the supervision of nursing.
- Receive and give appropriate reports to the Director of Nursing and deputize for him / her as required.
- Participate / lead on projects, working groups or committees as directed and agreed by Director of Nursing
- RN or RN / RM
- BSc. Nursing Science
- Diploma in Nursing Administration or Health Administration is added advantage
- Valid Licence - Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption Letter
- 15 years or above as a nurse in a hospital environment
- BLS certification preferred
- Proven ability to manage and evaluate nursing staff
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and handling stressful situations
- Talent for negotiation and collaboration
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes
- Proficiency in Excel and Power point.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Position Title and Code as the subject of their email application.
Application Deadline: 20 October, 2020