Ambassadors Of Dialogue, Climate and Reintegration is a voluntary, non-government, not-for-profit, and non-sectarian organization (gender focus), that is working in the area of peacebuilding, climate change, and reintegration. Established in 2016 and registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in August 2018, our mission is to educate and empower citizens, especially women, youths and, children to be able to shape their society and become more responsive to social, economic, political and environmental transformations. DCR Ambassadors envision a world where human life has esteemed value and worth, citizens have equal opportunities, and people are free from oppression, violence, and disasters. We can drive social change through advocacy, community mobilizing for action, capacity building, livelihood support, education, and strengthening democratic governance structures through dialogues.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative / Logistics Officer (Driver)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Reports to: Finance/Administration Manager
Duration: 2 years
- Under the supervision of the Finance/AdministrationManager (F/AM), the Administrative/Logistics (Driver) is responsible for providing logistical support in ensuring the smooth running of the DCR Ambassadors Borno Project. Tasks include but are not limited to: driving the DCRambassadors vehicle to various destinations on official duty; providing logistical support such as a collection of quotations, purchases, and office supplies; and delivery of letters.
- Drive DCR ambassadors vehicle to transport employees, volunteers, and other partners to a variety of locations within and outside Borno including rural areas with poor road conditions.
- Keep the vehicle clean and maintained at all times.
- Ensure continuous vehicle functioning by performing preventative and routine maintenance.
- Coordinate and track the movement of goods through logistic pathways
- Collect quotations, tax invoices, and delivery notes from vendors.
- Procure and collect conference supplies for all trainings and meetings.
- Procure office supplies.
- Oversee the procurement management, customs clearing, and inventory management of assets.
- Ensure the delivery of letters and other documents to various partners.
- Ensure check-up and or maintenance of broken-down office equipment to ensure continuous functioning of the same.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in technical studies.
- Must be familiar with the various locations such as Maiduguri, Gwoza, Jere, Monguno, and Konduga within Borno state
- Must have good driving skills.
- Knowledge of financial and HR procedures is expected.
- Knowledge of basic mechanics is an added advantage.
- Good level of technical skills in mechanics / IT / Communications /construction or other desired.
- Good communication and representative skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to sit/drive for long periods and potentially over poor road conditions.
- Language: Fluency in English (written and spoken), Hausa, Kanuri
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their detailed CV and a Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Application Deadline: 20 December, 2020