At The Olive Prime Psychological services (TOPS), we are aware of the dynamics of being human and understand that life can sometimes go beyond your capabilities. Additionally, we understand the role genetics and environmental factors play in our mental health and the ability to cope with life.
Difficult situations do arise, and at such times, we are committed to providing the much needed support to our clients and patients, ensuring that each individual experiences a more realistic, flexible journey to Recovery.
Our treatment approach is multidisciplinary and delivered in a safe and comfortable environment with experienced staff that provide specialist services and combine a range of therapeutic interventions.
TOPS became the first Day Hospital addiction and mental health resource Centre in Nigeria when it opened in Abuja a few years ago. It has since grown to have an inpatient facility in Abuja. TOPS has a robust array of psychological tools and can boast of being one of the few Centres in West Africa that have the latest Psychological Tools like the WISC-V for testing intelligence in younger people. We have a robust Child and Adolescent service. Our Medical Director, Dr Motunrayo Oyelohunnu, who was appointed MD last year on her return from Canada has a special interest in Child and Adolescent psychiatry and is making sure that investments are made in the organization to cater for the needs of individual and families with young people that have mental and behavioral challenges.
Our Drug rehabilitation program is a blend of both American/Canadian and UK treatment protocols (choosing the best from each service). More importantly we believe in the role of spirituality in treatment, irrespective of your faith. Your spiritual development will be encouraged.
We are now opening a new Centre in Lekki Phase 1, Lagos State. It is an 11 -bedded facility. We have just appointed a new Clinical Director, Dr Ibironke Thomas, who is a Consultant Psychiatrist, Dr Thomas is an experienced clinician and versed in management of all forms of psychiatric Disorders. She was trained in family/systemic treatments by the Meridon Centre at Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health Foundation NHS Trust. She is one of the big minds in Quality Service delivery within the mental health space in Nigeria. The Quality and Managerial service will be led by our newly appointed life coach, Murrielle Jean-Michel. Murielle is committed to ensuring the quality of service is same as obtainable in her country in Europe.
TOPS is now a member of the newly formed Intersect Consortium. This is the largest consortium of organizations providing mental and behavioral health treatments in Africa. We seek to recruit suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Officer
Reports to: Head of Accounts
- The Account Officer is responsible for recording transactions, compile and analyze data, perform audits, assist with budgets and financial forecasting, compute taxes, and report their findings to management; Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Managing of accounting systems and process which includes systems access and reconciliation of records
- Participate in preparing and reviewing analysis of cash forecast
- Monitoring cost and expenditures against budgets and forecast
- Assist in preparing all year end accounts
- Assist in preparing quarterly forecast and annual budgets
- In conjunction with the accountant, will be responsible for reviews of all internal financial controls and the improvements on the business processes.
- Responsible for finance and Accounting activities of the company
- Calculation of application taxes according to the law
- In conjunction with the accountant will ensure that the policies/procedures of the company are implemented efficiently and in line with generally accepted accounting practices (e.g. FIRS)
- Institute adequate financial control systems and processes to secure the assets and Efficient operation of the organization
- Develop key financial processes including budgeting, management & financial Accounting/reporting
- Monthly reports and analyses
- Monthly, quarterly and annual budgeting and variation reporting
Requirements and Experience
- B.Sc in Accounting
- Professional qualification i. e ICAN, ACCA is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 1-2 years work experience in relevant field.
- Experience in the use of different Accounting softwares (QuickBooks etc.)
- Knowledge of Budgeting, financial forecasting and cost control
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Establishment and enforcement of sound internal controls
- Excellent written and oral articulation;
- Ability to be self-motivated
- Must reside around the Lekki-Ajah axis of Lagos
- Preferably Female for Gender Equality.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email.
- Only individuals who have a high expectation of themselves and are driven to work above and beyond are welcome to apply. Delivery of professional and excellent services must be at your core.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 30 September, 2020