Women Farmers Advancement Network (WOFAN) was established in June 1993 was incorporated with the Kano state Government as a community Development Association in 1995 and later registered with the corporate affairs commission in 2004. With its headquarters in Kano, WOFAN partners and works with a mobilized, registered multipurpose cooperatives, CBOS, community service groups, private sectors, research institutions towards achieving a holistic development of the people.
WOFAN has commenced implementation of the ICON of Hope Project. The main objective of the two-year project is to build resilience of 30,000 smallholder male and female farmers and processors, including those affected by COVID-19 pandemic, in Kano, Jigawa and Kaduna states as well as the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) to scale up the production and processing capacities of Rice and Groundnut male and female youth farmers and processors and competitively enhance rice and groundnut quality with a sustained linkages to markets.
We require suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account & Logistics Officer
Reporting to: Executive Director
- The Account and Logistics Officer will perform general ledger accounting functions as needed and/or assigned (e.g. general ledger, purchasing, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that accounting functions are completed in an accurate and timely manner during short times of need
- S/he will advise other staff on procedural requirements for the purpose of facilitating financial compliance within established practices
- The Officer will maintain a wide variety of financial information, files, and records for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines
- The successful candidate will also establish a detailed procurement programme plan to determine appropriate specifications of required items, according to established guidelines and procedures and world best practices.
Requirements, Knowledge and Experience
- The position requires minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting and a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar position; previous similar experience with International NGO will be an asset.
- A post graduate degree or professional qualification in accounting will be an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Accounting software like Tally ERP or QuickBooks is required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit signed copies of their Application Letters and copies of their CV: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org using the position and state applied for as subject.
Application Deadline: 08 October, 2020